Memphis - Allen Iverson apparently would soon withdraw from the arena of basketball. This happened not long after his contract with the Memphis Grizzlies ended much earlier.

Before this season rolling, Iverson signed a year contract with the Grizzlies. Along with the team, the player is 34 years and was often reserved only down three times only.

In early November, Iverson has not shown anything at home again asked permission to rest of the Grizzlies. Less than two weeks later, both parties agreed to settle cooperation.


When no longer bound by the Grizzlies, one of the greatest number of printers that the NBA had reportedly sought by several teams. However, there is no realization of nothing and now that broadcast news and even retired from Iverson.

The news contained in the site Stephen A. Smith, a sports journalist who worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer as media Iverson Philadelphia 76ers defense. Stephen also known as a friend of Iverson and basketball sports watchers.

"I want to announce my plans to retire from the NBA. I always thought that the time for me to resign, it will be because I could no longer help my team the same way again. But it is not the case now," I Iverson told Reuters.

"I'm still very in love with this game, I still have a great desire to play. I can still feel competitive at the highest level," he continued.

Family factors seem to be the reason why the decision was taken by Iverson retreated. "Back off will allow me to spend precious time with my wife and my children."

"This is a gift that exceeds all that ever I achieved on the basketball court. I've prayed for this day and see it as the greatest blessing. I've enjoyed 13 seasons the NBA and I'm grateful," said Iverson.